I photograph people, places, things though not necessarily in this order, often together. For me photography is a documentary and an appreciation for what I have seen and experienced. I wants to feel part of the photograph, close to the subjects to read the story, the lines, the shadows. My aim is to set up a relationship between photographer and subject (be it people, things or places). Watching things from different perspective or looking just at the shapes fitting in the world around them and the photographer.
Past events and exhibitions
• Going Back to Sicily - a personal journey back to the origin, ongoing project. September 2008 -booklet/catalogue
• Passion of the volunteers - a portrait project of people involved in volunteering work in Reading. June 2010 during National Volunteers Week - event details and press release.
• Open for Art - Installation of a selection from body of work,
a project run by the organisation Jelly for the promotion of the arts
in Reading. May - July 2010
• Prelude - Group exhibition of the artists members of the
Whiteknight Studio Trail. Peacock Gallery, Maiden Erleigh School,
• Whiteknight Studio Trail - Open Studios style exhibition held in
Reading University area. from June 2010
• 40 people: 40 stories - an exploration of passion and personal drive in local communities, December 2010. Gallery of images here. Included as part of the series of event of the art programme "The 3rd Thursday". A review of the event.
• Art Junction: by the blue wall – portrait exhibition: a tribute to the people at the Art Junction in Oxford Road in Reading, artists and creative people whose lives have been disrupted by mental health illness. Exhibition part of Reading Nuit Blanche, October 2011.
• Iconografia Civica - A series of images of the constant exposure to the predominantly commercial messages and visions juxtaposed in the urban environment that have become the familiar and prevailing iconography of the contemporary city life. Peacock Gallery, Reading, March 2012
I often work on local community related projects and co-operate with local art organisation and charity Jelly and exhibit at art fairs. If you would like to discuss collaborations and for more details about events please contact me